Our Junior Preschool Program was developed to give young children their first exposure to a school setting. We spend time practicing appropriate social interactions and learning the routines and procedures of going to school. We also work on improving skills, such as using art tools and name writing, etc. The first month of school, we spend most of our time easing the children into the school routine. We take it slow, but start the routine and stick with it from the beginning. This method helps eliminate most discipline issues. The children gradually learn what happens during each part of the day, what happens next, and what the expectations are. We work to make sure children are able to bond with us, allowing them to feel safe and secure in the classroom. This allows them to be able to learn to the best of their ability!
Our Jr. Preschool alphabet curriculum was designed to be age appropriate for children who are 3-4 years old. We use the alphabet as a way to order our curriculum and to lay the foundation of letter knowledge. Through our lessons and activities, our 3 - 4 year olds will participate in science, math, music, movement, sign language, art, literacy experiences, and more. This introduction to the alphabet will help children with letter formation and letter recognition and will prepare them for the next year of preschool. The students will be introduced to the letters of the alphabet and will learn the sounds, how to write the letters, words that start with the letters and the sign language for each letter. We will also have snacks, stories, games, art/crafts, math or science activities, songs & moment activities that go with the letters.
Lesson: Letter Q Presentation (Literacy)
Writing Practice: Trace/color letter Q page (Fine Motor/Literacy/Art)
Activity: Listen to and compare Quiet vs Loud music (Music/Science)
Smartboard Story: "The Story of Loud & Quiet" (Literacy)
Art: Paint with Q-tips while listening to Quiet Music (Art/Fine Motor/Music)
Smartboard Game: Sort and Count the Quiet Activity Items (Math/Tech)
Storytime: The Very Quiet Cricket (Literacy)
Songs: "Quiet Please" and "Quick & Slow Actions" (Music/Gross Motor)
Snack: Cracker Quilt
* Jr. Preschool classes are for children two years away from Kindergarten (will start K Fall 2023).
* Jr. Preschool classes meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:40 - 11:20 a.m.
* Children should turn 3 years old by April 1, 2021.
* We limit our Jr. Preschool class sizes to 11-12 students.
Jr. Preschool Class Options: (See infographic below for details)
* Class A - Tuesday/Thursday mornings with Shaun
* Class B - Tuesday/Thursday mornings with Sara
* Children must be potty-trained, wear underwear, and use the bathroom independently.
* Students will need a FULL SIZE backpack or large tote bag with an extra set of clothes stored inside. No other school supplies are needed. Thanks!